9 key takeaways from this video demo:
1. Highlight keywords
2. Draw and label the models fully
3. Write clear steps
4. Write neatly so it’s easier for marker to mark
5. Teach kids to take pride in their work
6. Draw a line to separate workings from steps
7. End off with units (even if they are objects)
8. Always group practice questions by problem sum type so that you can refer to earlier examples to work on the future ones.
9. Traditional way of learning by maths topics is showing cracks. More effective to learn by problem sum types.
Here is a complete video demo to solve one problem sum by my P4 eldest so they can pick up some tips to teach their own kids.
It is her first video. Not the best. Lots to improve on.